Our Pre Statement to consider prior to accepting our standard terms and conditions below. Updated February 2021
In the past year the World has had to deal with a pandemic which has seen the loss of many lives and businesses, and as the vaccine programme moves into full operation it is fair to say that we will all have to live with the ‘new normal’ and post pandemic phase for some time.
It is very encouraging to hear that there has been a strong take-up of the new vaccines. We would like to reassure our guests that our family and staff here on site will be vaccinated when we are invited to do so, to protect ourselves, other guests, and our local community. We very much hope that you will be vaccinated too, as we are all fully aware of the precautions we should take to save lives and economies.
We still continue to welcome guests here on site, subject to Government regulations and restrictions. However if you decide not to be vaccinated, for whatever reason, and develop any symptoms of Covid-19 which leads you to self-isolate at a time which affects your stay with us, we will not be in a position to support your booking. Bookings may only be considered for support by those guests who can provide evidence (for example a form or a vaccine programme passport).
We won’t be policing the booking process by asking for this evidence at the time of booking, nor will we be taking your temperature or asking for a PCR test before you arrive. However, if you feel uncomfortable about being vaccinated, then please ask yourself:
Should I really be booking a stay?
1. The Contract. This is entered into between the “Owner” of The Old Milking Parlour (Amanda and Philip Russell) and the person who completed the booking “Hirer”. The contract is not effective until payment has been received from the Hirer and confirmation sent from the Owner back to the Hirer.
2. Bookings. The Hirer needs to be over 18 years of age. By paying the deposit the Hirer agrees to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the total party intending to stay at The Old Milking Parlour. The hirer shall not sell or transfer their booking to another party without The Old Milking Parlours’ consent in advance. We reserve the right to check identification of any guest on-site with photo identification or a security question from the original booking request. The number of guests should not exceed the stipulated amount at the time of the booking request.
3. Reservations. These are accepted by online booking or telephone. A confirmation will be sent and the deposit is due within 7 days of the booking. The balance must then be paid no later than six weeks before the arrival date is due to start, this date will be included with your confirmation. For bookings made less than 6 weeks from the start of the arrival date the full cost is due within 5 days of the booking. Cheques should be made payable to Amanda Russell.
4. Deposits. If the deposit it not received within 7 days of the Hirer receiving the booking confirmation e-mail, the booking may be terminated without notice.
5. No reminders. We do not send out reminders to pay the balance for your booking. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if the balance is not paid by the due date and we retain the deposit.
6. Holiday dates. These may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates and the Owner is agreeable to the change. A £75 re-booking charge will be payable. The Owner also reserves the right to charge a security deposit of £100. This deposit will be refunded to the Hirer during the week following the holiday, less any deductions for breakages or damage.
7. Cancellations. If notification is received in writing, 8 weeks prior to the arrival date, the deposit will be fully refunded. No refunds will be provided if less than 8 weeks’ notice is given.
8. Force Majeure. (Unforeseeable circumstances that prevent someone from fulfilling a contract). The Owner cannot and will not accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation caused by any virus, pandemics, acts of any government restrictions or public authority restrictions (for example, if we are forced to shut down because the Government has enforced a lockdown of the country), war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, or changes imposed by rescheduling of airlines or public transport events.
9. Lockdown Implemented. In the event that the Government, Local Authorities or Council should implement further Covid-19 lockdowns or tier restrictions that are enforced in the Mendip authority area which force The Old Milking Parlour to close, we will transfer your stay to a new convenient stay within the next 12 months, this is then classed as a revised booking. You may need to pay for any additional cost for the new dates selected, example going from an off peak stay to a peak season stay may incur extra costs, we won’t refund any monies paid, but we will assist you to transfer to new convenient date without any booking fees. We cannot be accountable for lockdowns or tier restrictions to the hirer’s home residence that may affect you onward travel or stay with us.
10. Insurance. We must strongly advise the Hirer to have appropriate insurance cover against holiday cancellation to cover points in section 8 (Force Majeure) above, also loss of property or illness should be covered. We cannot accept any responsibility for personal injury to guests or holiday makers or for loss of property or for other matters over which we have no control.
11. Non-Availability. If for any reason beyond our control the property is not available, all monies will be refunded in full and the Owner will not be liable for any further claims.
12. Damage. The Hirer is responsible for the property during the stay and is liable for any loss or damage caused. The property should be left in good order and a clean condition upon departure. Any damages or breakages must be reported to the Owner prior to departure, no attempt should be made to repair or replace items.
13. Capacity. The total number staying in The Old Milking Parlour shall not exceed 5 persons. Smoking is NOT permitted in the property and No pets are allowed.
14. Access. The Hirer will have access from 16.00 hours on the day of arrival to 10.00 hours on the day of departure, unless prior arrangements have been made.
15. Descriptions. These are for guidance only, and every effort is made to ensure that they are accurate. However, if there are any points of particular importance please contact the Owner to clarify in the first instance.
16. Complaints. Any complaint should be made in person to Owners as soon as possible before departure, to allow remedial action to be taken. It is specifically agreed that failure by the Hirer to notify the Owner of any complaints in accordance with this time scale will entitle the Owner to refuse to entertain the complaint.
17. Visitors. We require notification if you are to receive visitors.
18. Noise policy. The Hirer agrees to not cause nuisance or annoyance to nearby neighbours. There is a strict “quiet time” between 10 pm and 8am daily.
19. Access. The Owner reserves the right to reasonable access to the property at any time.
20. Parking. This is strictly for 1 vehicle only. Should you have two cars prior notice will be required and space will be arranged.
21. Breach. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions will result in the Owner terminating the booking and requiring you to vacate the property immediately with no refund.